With the popularity of the GATE exams on the rise, more and more graduates are now opting to appear for this exam to test their comprehensive understanding of the undergraduate Engineering and Science subjects. As of 2022 as the eligibility criteria have been extended to include more discipline, graduate candidates appearing for the exams are now multifold. And the best method they have adopted to crack this exam is to understand the GATE exam pattern so that they can base their GATE exam preparations on the syllabus, marks weightage and exam pattern.
While preparing for the GATE Exams, the candidates must be well versed with the various concepts and definitions of terms often found in subjects related to Engineering. There are also some comparison articles or full forms like NIC full forms that they can focus on to ace the exams easily. These GATE exam concept-related full forms are only a part of what the candidates have to learn or comprehend if they wish to score well.
Hacks to Ace the Exam
As the significance of GATE Exams is well known by the candidates who aspire to do well in it, here we will get straight to the little tricks that they can adapt to ace the exams. Cracking the exams requires hard work and commitment. Having a strategic plan while preparing for the exams sure helps. Here, we will mention some hacks or tips for the candidates to follow:
- GATE requires constant long term preparations. So, it is best to start early with the exam preparations.
- Dedicate time to prepare for the exams.
- Understand the syllabus and exam pattern properly.
- Prioritize subjects or topics based on weightage and as per the candidate’s knowledge gap.
- Categorize the subject as per the candidate’s conceptual knowledge and plan the studies.
- Design a long term study plan as required.
- Practise mock tests, sample papers and previous year papers.
- Use GATE preparation books as suggested by toppers to crack the exam.
- Refer to additional books and prepare notes on important topics/ concepts.
- Have a proper foundation in the subject and improve problem-solving skills.
- Manage time most effectively.
- Candidates can clear their doubts about all the concepts.
- Identify mistakes and rectify them before exams, so that it is not repeated while answering.
- Candidates should also focus on General Aptitude and Engineering Mathematics sections, as they are compulsory sections for most papers.
Besides following these suggestions and referring to additional resources, candidates should also take mock tests and self-analyse their performance to judge their exam preparation level. Some resources that help these candidates prepare well for the exams include concept full form articles such as WAN full form. Creating analogies to explain the concepts and topics also help in exam preparations.
Finally, candidates are advised to take good care of their health and sleep adequately, as it helps them face the exams without much worry. Facing exams confidently helps to write the exam calmly, thus improving the chances of scoring well. Hence, candidates are urged to revise well for the exams, thus familiarizing themselves with the exam pattern.