Factoring refers to the situation where a corporation buys an invoice or debt from a different company. Exporters are increasingly using this method to stabilize their cash flow. The exporter can increase the value of the sales gotten from the invoice by 80%.
Many companies have grown their businesses through factoring in Edmonton since some policies are implemented to reduce their client’s cash problems. Below is an overview to help you understand more about factoring.
Characterizes of Factoring
- For factoring, bad debts are not considered.
- Factoring is more costly compared to different sources of borrowings.
- There are companies that give clients a period of over 150 days, though the normal period is 90 to 150 days.
- It is essential to rate credit, though factoring companies analyze credit risks involved before making any arrangements.
- Factoring receivables provides a premium solution for upcoming companies since the client’s financial capability determines the credit value.
Types of Factoring
- a) Recourse Factoring
This is the most popular form of factoring in Edmonton. In this type of factoring, the client shoulders the responsibility of taking the debt from the customer. The factor recovers the amount where the customers cannot pay the amount on the agreed due date.
The interest rates in this type of factoring are low since there are minimum risks involved in this type of factoring. The client receives the balance once the factor clears with the customer.
- b) Non-Recourse Factoring
In this type of factoring, the factors ensure the customer clears their debts with them. The customer clears the balance at the end of the agreed date or when the client clears with the factor.
The best part of this type of factoring is that it eliminates the necessity of debts and collection sections in the companies.
- c) Disclosed Factoring
Clients receive information regarding the factoring arrangements in this type of factoring. Disclosed factoring may either be non-recourse or recourse factoring.
Undisclosed factoring does not allow the customers to receive information regarding the factoring agreements. The client handles debt collections and the administration of sales. The client has no option but to clear the balance with a factor regardless of whether the customer has paid.
This aspect is contrary to what happens in disclosed factoring since the responsibility of collecting debts may or may not fall on the factor depending on if it is non-recourse or recourse factoring.
Advantages of Factoring
- A company becomes better at financial planning through factoring since receivables are handled by the factoring company after the client submits them to the company.
- You don’t risk your personal properties like your home as collateral, unlike other bank loans where the collateral is required.
- Factoring provides the company with treasury supply
- Sometimes new funding speeds up the money conversation sequence for their client’s companies. This aspect reduces the company’s chances of getting into debt since it converts a sale into cash sales.
- Factoring minimizes the length of the cycle a company operates in and the necessity for working capital. Eventually, the company liquidly improves because of this factor.
Clearly, factoring plays a big role in the growth of businesses, especially large businesses. The businesses grow significantly through factoring thus;, it is a worthy financial service that companies need to incorporate in their businesses.
Comments are closed.